Molecular Characterization, Biophysical Screening and More
Biophysical screens use a wide range of technologies including impedance, SPR, BLI, TSA, and more to characterize molecular interactions and stability or, increasingly, to screen based on such properties. These technologies are served by diverse instruments offering disparate analysis methods, often requiring manual step-by-step processing, or lacking batch-analysis for multiple plates. Typically, users must export data to downstream analysis programs, only to return to instrument software to adjust parameters, re-export and re-run the complete tool sequence.
SPR & BLI Analysis
Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) and bio-layer interferometry (BLI) are both highly valuable technologies for drug discovery, allowing sensitive, label-free and real-time measurement of a molecule’s binding properties and kinetics. With advances in instrumentation, it’s now possible to run an entire screen with SPR and BLI, affording you earlier knowledge of a lead molecule’s detailed kinetic and binding characteristics.
With Genedata Screener for your SPR and BLI assays and screens, you can:
- Analyze biophysical screening data from all these technologies using a single solution and eliminate the need to toggle between multiple analysis and instrument software.
- Automatically apply standard methods to full screening runs.
- View raw time-series data alongside key results, and easily compare them across plates and runs making analysis adjustments with minimal effort.
Our customers successfully use Genedata Screener to streamline their SPR and BLI screening: AstraZeneca streamlined SPR analysis, and Amgen automated SPR-based epitope binning.
Thermal Shift Analysis
TSA, also called differential scanning fluorimetry, can help you identify new hits or better understand how your leads engage their targets, by revealing changes in thermal stability upon binding of a ligand. Using Genedata Screener for TSA enables you to:
- Select from built-in algorithms for melting temperature determination, and easily compare outcomes of different methods for QC.
- View overlaid melting curves across different assay conditions for rapid QC.
- Massively scale—characterize thousands of compounds in only a few hours.
Genedata Screener customers effectively increase their TSA efficiency. Learn how Bayer Pharma AG reduced analysis time by an order of magnitude.
High Throughput Mass Spectrometry (HT-MS)
Breakthroughs in sample throughput for MS are enabling unprecedented screen sizes. As a label-free method, MS promises to shrink assay development times and costs, and deliver rich, high-resolution outputs with readouts of previously difficult-to-detect enzymatic reactions, cellular metabolites, and more. Compatible with the latest HT-MS technologies, Genedata Screener:
- Integrates with instruments such as Acoustic Ejection Mass Spectrometry (SCIEX Echo-MS®) and pulsed MALDI-TOF (Bruker rapifleX PharmaPulse®).
- Fully automates spectra analysis including peak detection, quantification, and lookup.
- Performs rapid QC with plate-level visualizations.
Learn how AstraZeneca uses Genedata software to unleash the potential of their innovative acoustic mist ionization MS technology.
If you are interested in MS for biotherapeutic characterization, quality monitoring and related proteomics or metabolomics applications, please check out Genedata Expressionist.