Genedata may collect personal information about you when you interact with Genedata and its affiliates, e.g. when you visit our website or when you sign up for one of our conferences. In order to ensure transparency, we want to inform you about the nature, scope and purpose for which your personal information is collected and processed.
What Information Do We Collect About You?
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
Data privacy laws set out a number of legal reasons that a company may rely on to collect and use your personal information, with which we are in full compliance.
In particular, as it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to provide you with our products and services, as well as inform you through our marketing about our products and services, we may use your personal data to:
- provide you information on products and services that you have requested;
- process your registration to participate in conferences and events;
- respond to your enquiries and requests for feedback;
- perform auditing and statistical analyses of user behavior in order to measure interests in specific product areas or information posted on our website, with a specific focus on improving our products and services;
- send you survey emails. Please note that you can always opt-out of receiving such surveys at any time by contacting us; and
- market our products and services to you, and those of our affiliates (with your consent where required by applicable law) in order to pursue our legitimate business purpose to keep you informed of our latest products and services including targeted marketing.
Genedata may also use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations to which we may be subject, including the requirement to comply with applicable laws and regulations including demands or requests made by regulators, courts and law enforcement authorities.
Further, there may be instances set out in data privacy laws that require us to obtain your consent before we use your personal information which we shall abide by.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
Genedata may share your personal information with its affiliates and those that provide us with technology services such as data analytics, storage, hosting and technical support; our professional advisors, auditors and business partners, regulators, government or law enforcement authorities; and other third parties in connection with re-organizing all or any part of our business.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country.
What Are Your Rights regarding Your Personal Information?
If you are an EU national, you are entitled to exercise your rights as set out below at any time in relation to your personal information that is collected:
- right to request access to your personal information;
- right to request to correct any personal information that is held by us which is inaccurate or requires updating;
- right to request the deletion of your personal information that is held by us;
- right to request that we stop processing your personal information other than for storage or legal purposes;
- right to request a subset of the personal information we collect from you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal information to another party;
- right to withdraw your consent given to us to process your personal information.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We will always keep your personal information for the period required by law and otherwise, for as long as needed to provide you with access to the services and/or products requested; or for as long as necessary to allow us to respond to your question or request.
Cookies and Other Technologies
We use Google Analytics which is a service offered by Google Inc. Google Analytics uses technology called “cookies” to identify you and your interests and to track usage of our website. Cookies are small files, composed of a string of letters and numbers, stored on your computer that enable us to know which browser you are using and where you have been on our website and on other websites to which you may link in order to use some of our features. You can choose to accept or decline the cookies. By accepting our cookies, you will be permitted access to our website without having to log in each time you visit. If you choose not to accept our cookies, you may not be able to enjoy access to all areas of our website.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may provide, from time to time, links to third party websites as a service to our users. Please be aware that we cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection practices of such third party websites, which may differ from those of our website. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of these website before providing any information to them.
Genedata has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Only authorized Genedata personnel and our trusted third parties are provided access to personal information, and these employees and persons are required to treat this information as strictly confidential and to comply with data privacy laws. Despite these precautions, Genedata cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal information.
Online Privacy Protection of Children
Genedata understands the importance of protecting children's privacy, especially in an on-line environment. The website is not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and Genedata will not intentionally collect or maintain personal information of anyone under the age of 13.