Industrial biotechnology is a rapidly growing industry focused on developing biologically based production methods to generate industrial products and processes. The engineering of microbial strains to efficiently produce commercially useful compounds is a key objective within the industrial biotech community. To optimize the production capability of such workhorse microbes, researchers have to collect genotype data and phenotypic characterizations for a large number of strains. Genedata Selector® for Industrial Biotechnology is an enterprise software platform that analyzes and manages genomic data for the optimization of fermentative production processes.
A Solution for Scientists and Bioinformaticians
Find out how Genedata Selector can help you to tackle key data analysis and management challenges to make the most informed decisions.
Strain Management & Analysis
- Supports research processes in Industrial Biotech with biological data management and analysis with a focus on NGS, microarrays, mass-spectrometry based proteomics and metabolomics
- Annotation, mutation and phenotypic data are stored along with strain information.
- Easy management, visualization, and analysis of complete genomes of production strain collections.
- Seamless integration of tools to investigate and track the current patent landscape, critical for product management decision support
Efficient Comparative Analysis of Genomes and Meta-genomes
- Easy identification of new potential genes and enzymes through in-depth and interactive analysis of proprietary and public genomes
- Identification of novel metabolic engineering targets with large-scale, cross-strain comparisons
- Compares large number of strain genomes resulting from random mutagenesis campaigns and directed engineering strategies
Automated Detection, Classification and Interpretation of Mutations and Pathway Optimization
- Automatic identification and evaluation of mutations conferring production-relevant phenotypes
- Systematic analysis and annotation of microbial strains including automatic identification and categorization of point mutations in their genetic and biological context
- Predict the mutations’ influence on gene products (e.g. modifying an enzyme’s active site) or on gene regulation (e.g. altering a transcription factor’s DNA binding site)
- Integrated pathway analysis for the identification of complex genetic effects positively influencing production phenotypes
- Seamless integration of genomic data with transcriptomics and metabolomics data enabling a significant improvement of gene functional annotation, while providing insights into molecular pathways
Integrated Genotype-Phenotype Data Management
- Phenotype-genotype correlation analyses across diverse strain collections and strain genealogies for an efficient selection of the most promising strain lines for production
- With genome and phenotype data integrated in the Genedata Selector database, mutations in derivative strain genomes can be related to phenotypes via statistical analysis
- Starting from any level of biological data (genome, gene, etc) you can identify mutations that may contribute to desirable production phenotypes
Our solution portfolio consists of scientific and technical consulting services. Genedata scientific consulting addresses the complete life cycle of R&D projects – from early-stage feasibility studies through late-stage product development – delivering a full portfolio of analysis and bioinformatics services. Our broad spectrum of technical consulting services ranges from custom software development, strategic co-development projects, and data loading/integration to hosting and IT services.