Addressing the key challenge for smarter breeding and crop protection through the use of NGS data is Genedata Selector® for Agriscience. This scalable, integrated, centralized, and secure software solution is designed to handle today's and tomorrow's informatics challenges:
- Genome complexity: Plant genomes are large, complex, and highly variable across genomes and strains. Genome assemblies and gene model annotations can be incomplete or non-existent.
- Information diversity: Crop breeding and engineering applications require scientists to have access to genetic marker data, and phenotype-genotype relationships, and a variety of connected types of information.
- Incorporation of new data: New genome sequences, annotations, genetic markers, and related data are coming in constantly. With every day, more information is available than ever before.
A Solution for Scientists and Bioinformaticians
Find out how Genedata Selector can help you to tackle key agriscience informatics challenges and focus on scientific reasoning versus manually handling of complex data.
Smarter Interpretation and Management of Genome and Strain Data
- The database at the core of Selector serves as a hub to manage a full network of knowledge, and connect a wide range of data types together
- Diverse data types such as genome sequences, enzymatic pathways, phenotype, and sequence based intellectual property information can be easily stored, queried and analyzed within Selector
- Knowledge and relevant information associated with genomes and derivative strains can be queried and restored from existing in-house and public data sources and networks through built-in agents
- New data can be annotated with knowledge from previous studies and outside information
Efficient Genome Comparison and Strain Analysis
- Intuitive sequence visualizations, feature-rich genome browser and sequence analysis programs (incl. BLAST) enable for an efficient and easy comparison of different genomes, within gene families and across species
- In-depth and interactive analysis of proprietary and public genomes enable a highly scalable investigation on thousands of prokaryotic and eukaryotic genomes
- From genes to the nucleotide or amino acid level through the integrated drill-down function
Biological Interpretation, Mutation Profiling and Pathway Optimization
- Systematic identification of mutation hot spots and evaluation of their impact on genes, pathways, and overall production phenotypes
- Advanced tools for pathway activation analyses with transcriptomic, proteomic, and metabolomic profiling data in the context of specific pathways.
- Cross-organism pathway analyses enable to quickly identify the most suitable strain for experimentation, test functional hypotheses, and perform strain optimization studies
- Storage and analysis of public and proprietary pathway data
Automated, Standardized Raw Data Processing and Statistics
- Quantification of next-generation sequencing, microarray, real time-PCR, and other genomic technologies can be easily managed, visualized and analyzed
- Automatic pre-processing of raw data according to user-designed workflows
- Automatic annotation of selected regions of interest using established search engines to identify and validate proteins and metabolites
- Phenotype-genotype correlation analyses across diverse strain collections and strain genealogies
Our solution portfolio consists of scientific and technical consulting. Genedata scientific consulting addresses the complete life cycle of R&D projects – from early-stage feasibility studies through late-stage product development – delivering a full portfolio of analysis and bioinformatics services. Our broad spectrum of technical consulting services ranges from custom software development, strategic co-development projects, and data loading/integration to hosting and IT services.