Automating Analysis of Data-Rich Assays
High content, data-rich assays yield tens or even hundreds of measurements per sample. With more information, we might uncover new leads missed by single-endpoint approaches and achieve a more complete characterization of lead molecules. However, this increased information poses challenges for data processing, requiring a solution that facilitates both QC and interpretation of multidimensional results. Genedata Screener supports such high content and multiplexed assays, including image-based high content and phenotypic screening, transcriptomic screening, and combination screening.
High Content Screening
Many in vitro phenotypic screens rely heavily on images, and sometimes the numbers alone don’t capture everything. What if the raw images were available to you throughout the analysis pipeline, giving you single-point access to all image-based high content screening data for screens of thousands of plates with hundreds of features per well? All this and more is possible in Genedata Screener, where you can:
- View original images and calculated results side-by-side, for instant confirmation of phenotypic changes and biological events.
- Quickly spot interesting or suspicious results using cell density plots.
- Define and analyze cell populations and perform cell-to-well aggregations using interactive cell histograms.
- Perform complex multiparametric analysis for deeper understanding.
- Further automate the identification of complex phenotypes through integration with Genedata Imagence®, a deep learning-based solution for image analysis.
Customers such as Amgen have successfully used Genedata Screener to harmonize high content screens across the organization and enable rigorous, rapid image QC.
With Genedata Screener for Transcriptomic Screening, you can:
- Rapidly process expression data for multiple genes tested per compound, in parallel, and display all key results.
- Automatically apply important normalization steps across the full screen, including background correction and normalization to housekeeping genes.
- Apply built-in QC rules to automatically exclude potentially cytotoxic compounds, or genes that fall below reliable detection thresholds.
- Flexibly assign housekeeping genes as appropriate for a specific assay biology.
High Throughput Flow Cytometry
Flow cytometry and FACS—critical tools for large molecule discovery—have drastically increased sample throughput and enabled multiplexed experiments. Today, HT-Flow campaigns can track multiple features for thousands of single cells per treatment condition, across many samples, which requires a scalable analysis solution that simplifies the review of complex results.
Genedata Screener supports automated, standardized analysis of complete HT-Flow campaigns. Genedata Screener for HT-Flow reads and compensates data directly from HT-Flow instruments.
Using Genedata Screener for flow cytometry experiments enables you to:
- Instantly access results at all resolution levels, from single cells to well and plates, for easy comparison and interrogation.
- Perform population gating using interactive histograms and density plots; conduct other key flow cytometry analyses such as data aggregation and result calculation on selected cell subpopulations.
- Adjust processing settings and instantly re-process entire campaigns.
Read this poster to learn how Genedata Screener® accelerates the efficiency of flow cytometry data analysis.
Compound Combination Screening
In therapeutic areas such as oncology, infectious diseases and others, combining two or more drugs can improve both selectivity and the therapeutic window of treatment. However, the added sophistication of screening the full matrix of drug and dose permutations and then modeling potential synergies presents extra analysis challenges. Genedata Screener for Compound Combinations:
- Supports scalable analysis of compound combination experiments–quickly and efficiently.
- Seamlessly handles the complex cross-mapping of multiple compounds and doses.
- Robustly and automatically applies combination-specific synergy models such as Loewe, Bliss and HSA, for reliable results in the shortest amount of time.
- Provides configurable, interactive visualizations such as heat maps and isobolograms to enable a scientist’s assessment of combination effects.
Watch this webinar, to learn how Genedata Screener® effectively streamlines the discovery of synergistic drug combinations with an end-to-end data processing workflow.