Genedata Selector 4.5 リリース：
Genedata Selector™ 4.5 creates single platform for efficient gene and genome editing (e.g. CRISPR/Cas9, target enrichment, etc.) and for variant analysis in large and complex genomes.
August 4, 2016
Genedata, a leading provider of advanced software solutions for the pharmaceutical, industrial and agro-biotechnology industries, today announced the release of Genedata Selector 4.5. This latest version of the industry’s leading genome knowledge management solution provides new functionality to support precise gene and genome editing by CRISPR/Cas9 and target enrichment sequencing approaches like TLA, SureSelect, and NimbleGen as well as major enhancements for genome sequence quality assessment. Innovative implementations of algorithmic components within the software yield significant performance improvements and deliver unique scalability for the whole genome sequence comparison workflow.
Genedata Selector provides a centralized sequence analysis and data management system for wet-lab personnel, scientists and bioinformaticians to decipher genotype-phenotype relationships and to optimize or develop new cell lines, strains or germplasms. The enhanced genome comparison pipeline can now easily analyze multiple complex eukaryotic genomes resulting in an improved runtime of over 25 fold and thus accelerating data analysis and availability to end-users by the very next day. Further new developments include enhanced interactive analysis and visualization options on the genomic sequence level, including sequence quality scores to support the interpretation of variant data and syntenic regions among the compared genomes.
Advanced annotation and referencing tools enhance the value of proprietary genomes and enable efficient interpretation of biological functions. Intuitive, interactive visualizations support efficient decision making and accelerate the overall process from early investigation to final reporting. Finally, any findings obtained can be instantly shared across the organizations, including raw data, analysis methods and final reports.
Features of Genedata Selector 4.5 include:
- Precise gene and genome editing support: Selector 4.5 now provides full workflow support, including the quality assessment of the reference genome sequence, and the management of whole gRNA libraries. Researches can validate targets, including uniqueness, by sequence, accession or GI number. Experimental results can be tracked and managed in the phenotype section of the database.
- Integration site validation support: Selector 4.5 now fully supports the target enrichment workflow, including NGS quality assessment, reference genome mapping, chromosomal integration site determination, and knock-out or construct validation. Automatically generates reports for sequence based clone selection.
- Improved quality of genome comparison pipeline: Selector 4.5 includes an improved variant identification workflow, based on a more efficient genome alignment strategy yielding better coverage of analyzed genome sequences and processing of a larger number of variants between the compared genomes within a shorter runtime (<24 hours).
- Sophisticated visualization of syntenic regions: Selector 4.5 can now instantly load and display compared genomes within blocks of co-aligning sequences and corresponding regions.
- Support for intra and inter-chromosomal translocation mutations: Selector 4.5 stores, visualizes, and enables chromosomal comparisons between progeny and parental relationships showcasing the mobility within genomes and the resulting phenotypes.
- Gene Index extension by RNA gene types: Selector 4.5 facilitates the annotation and management of regulatory RNA genes like microRNA, sRNA, lncRNA, and their target genes.
- Improved BLAST integration: Selector 4.5 enables one-click queries from different points in the user interface as well as enhanced result management and visualization.
“We are very proud of this latest release of Genedata Selector, the first-in-class software solution designed to support efficient genome based applications in biotechnological R&D”, said Dr. Othmar Pfannes, CEO of Genedata. “Genedata Selector will be a key component for the successful integration of innovative technologies like CRISPR/Cas9 and targeted sequencing for gene and genome editing. We are committed to supporting our customers to remain at the forefront of innovation and to improve the efficiency of their research and development projects.”