We are looking for a Scientific Consultant / Field Application Specialist for our Genedata Screener business unit. This position offers an exciting opportunity to support, shape, and promote a successful, cutting-edge software system. You will experience a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong global team.
This full-time position is based in Tokyo, Japan.
- Acting as an interface between science and sales, working with both customer scientists and IT persons using our software systems as well as internal business, product management, service and development teams.
- Working with customers through all phases of the sales cycle, including managing and delivering scientific pre-sales, consulting, and implementation projects. After a successful sale, continuing to provide user training, scientific consulting, and product support, and managing service projects from inception to completion.
- Internally you will team up with sales to establish and present good solutions for customer needs, as you unravel them, orchestrate the work of overseas service and implementation teams on customer projects, provide customer feedback to product management, and support the sales team with product expertise in customer presentations and demonstrations.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- We are particularly looking for candidates with a degree or extensive experience in quantitative biology, bioinformatics, applied physics, or applied mathematics.
- This role will expose you to a range of different people, requiring an ability to successfully interact with managers, scientists at all levels, and IT experts. You should be an apt presenter and communicator, and have no trouble discussing topics in meetings with an international audience.
- You will work with a range of screening technologies and application areas, so you should have deeper knowledge within a few or broader knowledge within several of them. For an overview of some of the technologies and applications we support, please visit our website.
- Because our customers are mainly within pharmaceutical research, you should have knowledge of the drug discovery process and ideally experience in the analysis of high-throughput screening data.
- The role involves scripting and working with UNIX systems, which means that experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Python) as well as basic familiarity with the UNIX shell environment are required.
- This role requires mastery of Japanese as a native language, and good English conversation skills.
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- A background in scientific data analysis or statistics would be a plus.
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Screener®
Genedata Screener® analyzes, visualizes, and manages screening data from in-vitro screening assay technologies across the enterprise, including very complex as well as ultra-high throughput experiments. Its screening-oriented business logic enables rapid processing and comprehensive analysis of complete campaigns.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.