The Biopharma IT Service Engineer for the Expressionist business unit supports the installation life cycle of the Genedata Expressionist Platform at customer sites in the US and in the cloud. This position is responsible for installing, maintaining, and updating the Genedata Expressionist Platform and contributing to technical, quality, and process documentation. This position is also responsible for all the technical configuration of new systems for customer roll-outs.
This full-time position is based in our office in Lexington (Boston Area), MA and requires minimal travel (10%)
- Be the primary contact for technical queries arising from sales and marketing initiatives;
- Assist the pre-sales and sales processes by providing system and infrastructure recommendations;
- Provide input and review proposals for service agreements to customers;
- Maintain and update installation, operation, maintenance, monitoring and best practice procedures used internally and provided to prospective and existing customers.
- Conduct and support customers with software installations, upgrades, and patches;
- Triage and resolve technical helpdesk requests within the business unit as well as those arising from customers;
- Provide contractually agreed IT consulting to customers;
- Design, develop, test, and implement integration solutions linking enterprise software with corporate customer systems;
- Develop script-based plugins to extend the functionality of an enterprise software product;
- Actively maintain support quality by following and contributing to procedures in classifying, maintaining, and resolving helpdesk requests.
In-house Support, Maintenance, and Project Work:
- Update and maintain the information management systems of the service engineering function;
- Manage and maintain internal test and production environments as well as those used for prototyping, UAT, and demonstration;
- Provide technical support and advice to the scientific consulting team;
- Participate and contribute in discussions with development as well as business and scientific teams on technical implementation planning and risk mitigation exercises;
- Develop a deep level of understanding of the software and its architecture to effectively monitor, analyze, and tune for performance as well as in the provision of 3rd line support tasks.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Significant knowledge and experience with Linux and Windows operating systems;
- Working knowledge of Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure;
- Application support experience up to 3rd line;
- Experience with SSH and remote working;
- Experience in the development, testing, and documentation of scripting solutions making use of tools such as Python/Bash/Batch/PowerShell is a plus;
- Ability to quickly analyze complex technical environments, summarize status-quo, and perform gap analysis with resolutions proposals;
- Strong interpersonal skills with resolutions proposals;
- Strong interpersonal skills, committed to efficient verbal and written communication;
- Well organized with a demonstrated ability to multitask;
- Willingness to continuously learn and improve new technologies, systems, and procedures;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to support customers with quick turnarounds;
- English written and verbal skills;
- Solid understanding of MS-Office;
- Must be currently located in the United States;
- Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Expressionist
Genedata Expressionist® is a highly innovative, comprehensive, enterprise-level software solution for mass spectrometry data processing, analysis, and management. The software addresses critical needs of research and development organizations seeking scalability and flexibility for a variety of applications, in particular in the field of biotherapeutics characterization.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.
Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.