The Entry Level Solution Developer - Java for the Biologics business unit supports the installation life cycle of the Genedata Biopharma Platform at customer sites in the US and in the cloud. This position is responsible for installing, maintaining, and updating the Genedata Biopharma Platform and contributing to technical, quality, and process documentation. This position is also responsible for all the technical configuration of new systems for customer roll-outs.
This full-time position is based in our office in Lexington (Boston Area), MA and requires minimal travel (10%)
- Provide software installations, upgrades and migrations;
- Deliver system requirements recommendations based on customer requirements;
- Support during the execution of hardware qualification and installation acceptance using remote access technologies or at customer locations;
- Address technical helpdesk requests with reference to existing software documentation;
- Ensure support quality by proper helpdesk case classification, case follow-up and case closure within the growing set of corrective and preventative procedures;
- Perform cloud installations, and provide associated IT services such as backup and disaster recovery;
- Advise internal account teams on best technical arrangements for software evaluations;
- Manage internal test and development installations, also those used for demonstration, service, or integration projects;
- Participate in discussions with development and business teams on technical implementation planning and planning of risk mitigation;
- Execute and maintain IT SOPs for hardware and software services;
- Assist project management and scientific account managers in the documentation of customer requirements for off-core development projects and create technical specification deliverable for customer projects and deployments;
- Implement off-core plugins to facilitate the integration of Genedata Biopharma platform products with customer work processes, instruments, and external systems;
- Communicate with counterparts in EU professional services teams to bring in-depth technical knowledge in-house with the aim of making the US self-sufficient for its technical resource needs;
- Provide customer-facing trainings both remotely and on-site for appropriate technical-related topics.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum B.S. degree in a computer-, life-science, or engineering field;
- Knowledge in the biopharma R&D research industry, and the fields of antibody discovery, protein engineering, biopharma production and bioanalytics, biologics screening and lab automation;
- Demonstrated ability to master new technical skills and information quickly;
- Ability to work in an agile development process;
- Proficiency programming in Java and Python;
- Proficiency working in a Linux/UNIX environment including bash scripting;
- Remote execution of installation, support and verification;
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases such as Oracle;
- Cloud operating environment knowledge;
- Ability to analyze complex technical environments, summarize status-quo, and perform gap analysis with resolution proposals;
- Highly motivated self-starter;
- Must be able to work independently, while participating as part of a team;
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment;
- English written and verbal skills;
- Solid understanding of MS-Office;
- Must be currently located in the United States;
- Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Biologics
With award-winning platforms and deep domain expertise, Genedata solutions boost the efficiency, throughput, and quality of large-molecule R&D. Genedata platforms support the entire biologics workflow, from screening, protein engineering and optimization, expression, purification, MS characterization, analytics and QC, and developability assessment to upstream and downstream process development and drug formulation.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.
Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.