Genedata transforms data into intelligence with innovative software solutions that incorporate extensive biopharma R&D domain knowledge. Multinational biopharmaceutical organizations and cutting-edge biotechs around the globe rely on Genedata to digitalize and automate data-rich and complex R&D processes. From early discovery all the way to the clinic, Genedata solutions help maximize the ROI in R&D expenditure. Founded in 1997, Genedata is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Boston, London, Munich, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tokyo.
About the Role
Genedata Biologics®/Bioprocess®の製品担当として、使用方法のサポート、コンサルティング、プリセールスを行う。業務を遂行する上で、顧客要望を正確に理解する必要があります。そのため、以下を必要とします - 博士レベルの生物学系研究の経験および基礎的なITの知識。新しい技術やサイエンスを理解し、常に知識をアップデートする意欲と能力を有する。スイス本社やアメリカのスタッフとの定期的なミーティングや意見交換を行うため、英語での会話・読み書きができる事。プ ログラミング経験があると尚良い。
We are looking for a Scientific Account Manager for our Genedata Bioprocess product, an enterprise IT platform making biopharma development workflows more efficient and increasing process quality. Our customer base consists primarily of large pharmaceuticals, Contract Development and Manufacturing Organizations (CDMOs), and biopharma generics companies (biosimilars). Genedata Bioprocess is primarily used by groups in cell line development, upstream and downstream process development (USP and DSP), as well as analytical and formulation development.
As a member of our professional services team, you will be working closely with customers on a wide variety of projects and tasks with an emphasis on enterprise software deployment projects and consulting projects (e.g. automation projects, process optimation projects). This is an interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position that offers an exciting opportunity to support, shape, and promote a successful, cutting-edge software system.
The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team. We are hiring for our Tokyo office, Japan. The position requires about 10% travel within Japan, also occasional travel for the Head Quarter office in Basel, Switzerland.
Work on customer service projects, including large enterprise system deployment projects, process analysis projects, scientific and technical requirements projects, data migration projects, system integration projects and technology transfer projects, as well as user and technical training. Amongst other responsibilities, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Prepare and deliver scientific and technical presentations
- Conduct customer requirement analyses
- Specify and document customer needs
- Plan and deliver training at customer sites
- Provide expert support and troubleshooting
- Provide scientific and technical support for sales and business development
- Coordinate with product managers, professional services and product development teams
Skills & Experience
Essential Skills and Experience:
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in biology, biotechnology, bioprocess or chemical engineering, quantitative biology, bioinformatics, automation, or a related field
- Self-motivated and independent candidates that are curious, inquisitive, and able to present complex topics simply and rationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in Japanese, good knowledge in English
- Experience and talent at giving presentations
- Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work as well as the ability to interact productively with scientists and IT experts
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in biopharma R&D, ideally in an industrial environment, including but not limited to process development (USP, DSP, analytical development or formulation development), or antibody discovery, protein engineering (incl. bispecific antibodies, antibody drug conjugates/ ADCs), or lab automation is a significant plus
- Experience in IT projects (e.g. deployment projects, software roll-out, other)
- Coding experiences (e.g. Python), or familiarity with general IT concepts are a plus
- Hands-on experience with UNIX systems, Oracle databases, Java and scripting languages are advantageous
About our Bioprocess Business Unit:
With award-winning platforms and deep domain expertise, Genedata’s Bioprocess solution boost the efficiency, throughput, and quality of bioprocess development. Genedata Bioprocess supports the entire bioprocess development workflow, from cell line development, to upstream and downstream process development to analytical and formulation development.
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly here.