Mass Spectrometry Software Testing Scientist
- Germany, Munich
- Genedata Expressionist
Genedata transforms data into intelligence with innovative software solutions that incorporate extensive biopharma R&D domain knowledge. Multinational biopharmaceutical organizations and cutting-edge biotechs around the globe rely on Genedata to digitalize and automate data-rich and complex R&D processes. From early discovery all the way to the clinic, Genedata solutions help maximize the ROI in R&D expenditure. Founded in 1997, Genedata is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Boston, London, Munich, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tokyo.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Software Testing Scientist to join our rapidly growing team supporting the expansion of our highly innovative software product Genedata Expressionist®, a powerful solution that revolutionizes the data processing, analysis, management, and reporting of biotherapeutics characterization, metabolomics, and proteomics studies based on mass spectrometry.
You will work within a strong, international, and quality-driven agile team of scientists, developers, and IT specialists to maintain and develop a best-in-class scientific enterprise software that is widely adopted by the biopharma industry.
Your passion for data driven science combined with your understanding of mass spectrometry applications in the biopharma industry will ensure that each release meets the high-quality standards of our customers.
This full-time permanent position is based in Munich, Germany.
- Challenge the software like our customers do by executing use cases, exploring corner cases, and pushing towards high quality results and performance
- Collaborate with our scientists, product manager, and developers to establish acceptance criteria and test cases for both integration and end-to-end testing
- Coordinate and execute software testing independently and together with our internal scientific team, and write manual test scenarios with Xray
- Assist in software verification efforts in accordance with applicable industry standards
- Design and implement automated tests and test report generation using Java, JUnit, and Selenium
- Contribute to a good team spirit and participate in knowledge sharing sessions.
Skills & Experience
- MSc or PhD in a relevant field, such as biochemistry, analytical chemistry, physics, or bioinformatics
- Strong background in mass spectrometry
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools and Java is a plus
- Interest to work in a challenging interdisciplinary bioinformatics field
- Good team player, great communication and presentation skills in English
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly here.