Business Development Manager- Biopharma R&D
- USA, Lexington (MA)
- Genedata Expressionist
Genedata transforms data into intelligence with innovative software solutions that incorporate extensive biopharma R&D domain knowledge. Multinational biopharmaceutical organizations and cutting-edge biotechs around the globe rely on Genedata to digitalize and automate data-rich and complex R&D processes. From early discovery all the way to the clinic, Genedata solutions help maximize the ROI in R&D expenditure. Founded in 1997, Genedata is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Boston, London, Munich, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tokyo.
About the Role
We are looking for talented individuals to build the next growth phase of our leading enterprise software solution, Genedata Expressionist, a powerful solution that revolutionizes new methodologies that streamline mass spectrometry-based large molecule characterization. You will:
- Establish trusted client relationships
- Represent the company at conferences, trade shows, and networking events
- Actively identify new opportunities by uncovering critical bottlenecks
- Consult and become a trusted partner with multiple influencers and decision makers from IT, science, and business
- Address and solve the clients’ needs together with your scientific and technical team with value-adding Genedata Expressionist enterprise software solutions.
This full-time position is based in our office in Lexington (Boston Area), MA, USA, and will have responsibility for specific geographic areas and/or specific accounts in North America. This position requires 20% travel within North America on a regular basis and occasional international travel.
We are looking for a scientist with a strong entrepreneurial spirit to be a key member of our Business Development Team. The successful candidate will have the following background:
- Passion for accelerating biopharma R&D through high-value enterprise software solutions
- PhD preferred or M.S with 3+ years of relevant experience in mass spectrometry will also be considered
- Experience with enterprise software sales in a B2B setting with a demonstrated track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals is preferred
- Problem solver who can prioritize goals and successfully drive business and move deals through the sales cycle is preferred; however, we are happy to mentor the right candidate in this regard
- Must be currently located in the U.S.
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly here.