Bioinformatic Expert in Large Molecule Drug D&D
- Switzerland, Basel
- Genedata Screener
Genedata transforms data into intelligence with innovative software solutions that incorporate extensive biopharma R&D domain knowledge. Multinational biopharmaceutical organizations and cutting-edge biotechs around the globe rely on Genedata to digitalize and automate data-rich and complex R&D processes. From early discovery all the way to the clinic, Genedata solutions help maximize the ROI in R&D expenditure. Founded in 1997, Genedata is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Boston, London, Munich, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tokyo.
About the Role
Are you working for a biopharma organization or CRO, and you have been involved in planning and execution of projects in large molecule discovery or development? Are you interested in turning your experience and professional insight about decision making and its required analytics into enterprise ready software, globally used at many customers of us – and hence having a profound impact on patient care? We offer such a role as part of our science and research team, allowing you to create the analytical workflows and decision-making tools that you ever dreamed of. Genedata’s software solutions are designed in close collaboration with our partners to achieve a coherent decision basis, with highly automated, robust, and repeatable methods – combining a solid informatics infrastructure with traditional data science, bioinformatics, and even newest artificial intelligence methods paving the way for the future of large-molecule drug discovery.
In essence, we are looking for a bioinformatician with a strong practical and analytical expertise in large molecule modalities for our science & research at our headquarter at Genedata in Basel.
- Be the scientific expert in our research team for large-molecule data analytics and its decision-making process in particular
- Understand from your expertise and in discussions with our customers the requirements in the large-molecule research field and translate it into initiatives for software solutions
- Design methods and/or workflows which will be used by our customers in production settings
- Be the stakeholder for prototyping bespoke workflows, with a direct interface with SCRUM-driven Software Engineers for the product solution
- Work on your own projects or assist the team by analysis of customer data, feasibility studies, feature specification and benchmarking
- Document and present your work, its use cases/results and implemented methods, internally and externally
Skills & Experience
- PhD or MS in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, applied physics, applied mathematics, or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in analyzing data in large molecule R&D; at a CRO, or a pharma company, with focus on the decision-making process
- Experience in developing analytical methods and/or analysis pipelines - for use by others
- Knowledge about the typical assays which are involved in discovery or development
- Strong experience with bioinformatic algorithms and tools, (preferably Python and Java)
- An analytical, problem-solving, and creative mindset
- Track record of successful projects - by working in a cross-functional team
- Track record of presenting to and communicating with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., managers, scientists, and IT experts)
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly here.