Scientific Consultant / Field Application Scientist, Genedata Screener, UK
Are you a scientist who would like to use your scientific and technical knowledge to solve real-world screening problems? Would you like to wear many different hats throughout your workday – scientific and technical expert, project manager, product developer, teacher, diplomat, business traveler – and sharpen your skills as you go along? And would you like to do many of these things from home?
As a Genedata Scientific Consultant/Field Application Scientist, you will act as a scientific and technical consultant for our customers, helping them get the most out of our software. You will also aid our sales team in communicating the value of our products to prospects and customers, including qualifying needs and giving pre-sales demos. In addition, you will manage projects of many different kinds, externally and internally.
- Become an expert in biological screening data analysis in general and the use of our Genedata Screener software in particular
- Support our customers in getting the most out of Genedata Screener, starting during pre-sales and continuing throughout the product life cycle
- Propose, plan, execute and manage internal and external projects, such as scientific consulting, software implementation, systems integration, and data analysis projects
- Work with our Business Account Managers to establish and communicate the value of our products
- Use your knowledge, creativity, and technical skills to further advance our science, marketing, development, and product management
The Successful Candidate’s Skills & Experience
- You should feel comfortable interacting with customers on all levels and be prepared to constantly communicate internally
- Degree (preferably post-graduate) within quantitative biology, bioinformatics, biochemistry, applied physics, applied mathematics, or a related field
- Experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Python) as well as basic familiarity with the UNIX shell environment is a plus
- You like business travel – up to 30% of your time may be spent visiting customers
What We Offer
Genedata’s success in delivering computational solutions for bio-pharmaceutical R&D makes us a leading software provider for life sciences. This success depends on its people from all over the world: innovative data scientists, talented software engineers, strategic marketing thinkers, communicative business developers plus any others with unique skills that make a difference in a highly innovative environment.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package that comprises a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
If you would like the next step in your career to be supporting the frontier of science and technology with cutting-edge software, Genedata has just the right opportunity for you!
If you are interested in this position, please submit us your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.