Scientific Consultant / Field Application Scientist, Biopharma R&D, UK
We are looking for a Scientific Consultant / Field Application Scientist for a full-time permanent position.
You will join our consultancy team, which is driving the adoption of the Genedata Biopharma platform for both global pharma giants and innovative biotechs. You will be responsible for building strong relationships with our customers and developing a deep understanding of their R&D processes, which will ultimately transform how their R&D teams work together. You will leverage this to drive deployment, roll-out and adoption of the Genedata platform, ensuring optimal setup and operation so that customers get the most value out of the Genedata Biopharma platform.
This is an interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position at the interface of scientific applications, technical software development and business teams in an innovative R&D environment. The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a quickly growing company and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
This full-time position is based in the UK, with an expected travel of ~10% (UK and Europe). Home office is an option.
Key activities include working on both pre- and post-sales scientific and technical customer projects focused on our enterprise platforms Genedata Biologics® and Genedata Bioprocess®. Amongst other responsibilities, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide scientific and technical consulting to support optimal system setup and configuration of scientific workflows and recommend best practices
- Lead enterprise system deployment projects, data migration projects, system integration projects and technology transfer projects
- Provide scientific and technical support for sales and business development
- Conduct customer requirements analyses - including process analysis as well as scientific and technical requirements analysis
- Coordinate with Genedata-internal stakeholders, including product & project managers, sales managers and software development teams
- Develop an understanding of a customer's R&D workflows
- Create training material and meeting content and provide user and technical training
- Understand customer pain points to identify opportunities for business expansion
- Build strong customer relationships with scientists, R&D heads, IT managers and other stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver scientific and technical presentations
- Accelerate the adoption of the Genedata platform
Essential Skills and Experience
- MSc or PhD in biology, biotechnology, bioprocess, chemical engineering, quantitative biology, bioinformatics or a related field
- Experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or software industry
- Experience in biopharma R&D, antibody discovery, protein engineering, protein expression and purification, cell line development, bioprocess development and CMC, biopharma production and bioanalytics or lab automation in a lab or research setting
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work
- Ability to interact productively with scientists and IT experts at all levels of an organization
- Evidence of successful management of scientific projects or delivery of professional services in a life science environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience and talent for giving presentations
- Proven ability to master new technical skills and information quickly and desire to continuously learn
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience
- Practical experience in software development and familiarity with general IT concepts, together with a good understanding of molecular biology concepts.
- Hands-on experience with UNIX systems, Oracle databases, scripting languages or Java
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Biopharma Platform
As the market leader in biopharma R&D digitalization, our platform enables biopharma companies to develop the next generation of innovative medicines. It is uniquely designed to digitalize and streamline biopharma discovery, development and manufacturing processes and dramatically improve overall productivity, with the goal of identifying and developing novel therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
The award-winning Genedata platform is used across the globe to achieve operational excellence by boosting the efficiency, throughput and quality of biopharma R&D. It supports the entire end-to-end R&D workflow, from screening, protein engineering and optimization, expression, purification, characterization, analytics and QC, and developability assessment to upstream and downstream process development and drug formulation.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.