Marketing and Event Coordinator (50-70%), Genedata Selector, CH-Basel
We are looking to hire a Marketing and Event Coordinator for a 50-70% permanent contract in Basel, Switzerland, for the Genedata Selector Business Unit to support our successful and expanding business during the next growth phase.
The role is broad but centered around planning and coordination of our customer facing activities such as conferences, symposia, and webinars, as well as the management and maintenance of market specific distribution lists for communication and tracking the efficiency and statistics of events. You will communicate with the marketing team, product management and business development to support marketing programs and business development.
When you are not busy with your regular tasks you will have the opportunity to learn about and help us improve other areas in marketing, aligned with your interests and our needs. We are happy to teach you what we know and look forward to learning from you.
To help us understand who you are and what motivates you, please include a paragraph on what sentence in this ad attracted you the most to this position, and why.
- Responsible for all the above-mentioned activities, including planning, budgeting, execution
- Plan the events and follow-up with customers
- Make sure the events run smoothly and successfully, as measured by internal and external feedback
- Collaborate with the business development team to track responses on communication events, conferences and webpage requests and co-ordinate follow-up by CRM
- Update and maintain our CRM system to produce campaign statistics
- Support the business development, sales lead generation and qualification process
- Coordinate with the marketing team to make sure marketing campaigns, messages and events align with the marketing and sales team
Essential Skills and Experience
- BSc, or MSc in Science, Marketing or Economics, or related fields, or comparable on-the-job experience
- Strong grasp of marketing concepts and social media
- Highly organized with a flair for project management
- Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work with hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication skills ability to communicate clearly and concisely with multiple stakeholders
- Fluency in English is required
- Experience in B2B marketing
- Preference to work in a team
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience
- As various suppliers are located in Switzerland, German and French knowledge is a plus.
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Selector
Genedata Selector® is an enterprise software platform that transforms raw sequencing data into solutions to optimize R&D and production processes for life science industries. Automated and intuitive software combined with scientific consulting and professional services provides a full solution for increasing efficiency and reducing costs in cell line design and selection, microbial contamination detection, and strain, germplasm, and breeding optimization.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.