Java Software Engineer, Genedata, CH-Basel
Are you a Java Software Developer who enjoys using programming skills to build new solutions, thrives as an essential part of the team defining these solutions, excels at prioritization and self-organization, and is curious about how scientific data is generated, analyzed, and used to make decisions?
You will develop and deliver interconnections with specific customer IT platforms, integrations to new scientific instrumentation, and cutting-edge data analysis methods. You will enable scientists to extract more value from their experimental data and you will work in close contact with our scientific consulting and sales teams to understand the needs of the customer and formulate appropriate software development projects.
- Develop, implement and test new software functionalities for our customers against Genedata Screener’s public APIs
- Assist our scientific consulting and sales teams in the technical specification of customer requirements
- Ensure continuous operation of Genedata Screener and support our customers in technical matters related to its installation, maintenance and operation
- Provide technical trainings for customers both remotely and on-site
- Analyze complex IT environments, summarize status-quo, and perform gap analysis with resolution proposals
- Minimum B.S. degree in a computer-, life-science, or engineering field (working experience within the biopharma R&D research industry is a plus)
- Proficiency in Java programming, having created professional applications, (proficiency in Python is a plus) and working in a Linux/UNIX environment (including bash scripting)
- Proven track record in working with legacy code and version-control systems (e.g. Git)
- Ability to work in an agile development process and to collaborate in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases such as Oracle is a plus
What can you expect from us?
Genedata’s success in delivering computational solutions for bio-pharmaceutical R&D makes us a leading software provider for life sciences. This success depends on its people from all over the world: innovative data scientists, talented software engineers, strategic marketing thinkers, communicative business developers plus many others with unique skills that make a difference in a highly innovative environment.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package that comprises a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
If you would like the next step in your career to be supporting the frontier of science and technology with cutting-edge software, Genedata has just the right opportunity for you!
What is next?
If you are interested in this position, please submit us your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.