Event Manager (100%), Genedata, Basel, Switzerland
We are looking for an Event Manager for a 100% full-time permanent contract in Basel, Switzerland to support our successful and expanding business during our next growth phase.
The role is broad but centered around planning and coordination of our customer-facing activities such as conferences, symposia, and webinars, as well as the management and maintenance of market-specific distribution lists for communication and tracking the efficiency and statistics of events. You will communicate across marketing, product management, business development and leadership teams to target, develop, organize, and coordinate conferences, meetings, seminars, and other events.
To help us understand who you are and what motivates you, please include a paragraph on what most attracted you to this position and why.
- Provide day-to-day event planning, preparation and project management for multiple large-scale conferences and other events for a variety of business units
- Provide project coordination across business units by effectively assigning tasks, creating timelines, and helping stakeholders to understand deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Collaborate effectively and ensure regular communication with cross-functional teams, including senior management, finance, HR and other marketing colleagues and teams to successfully execute projects
- Support the development and adoption of best practices and high standards of excellence across all events
- Help implement and use automation systems to develop, manage, and track event project timelines and related tasks
- Manage, track, and maintain marketing information, leads, and opportunities in the CRM database; maintain and update databases, including contact management system mailing lists
- Implement successful marketing and communications for event outreach via email, website, social media, and print
- Manage development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials as well as online components including registration forms, event web pages, and surveys
- Create event publications, signage, materials, and conference apps
- Recruit speakers at pharma customers and provide high-touch service; work directly with speakers and registrants on problems and inquiries
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with conference organizations and sponsorship managers
- Coordinate on-site arrangements for all meetings and events: manage, review, and negotiate venue, hotel, AV, and related contracts, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, and audiovisual equipment, ensure appropriate décor
- Coordinate stand designers (if the event involves an exhibition) contractors and equipment hire; handle supplies ordering, and packing/shipping of event materials
The Successful Candidate Has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Business, or related field
- 2+ years of professional meeting/event planning and execution
- Tech-savvy; strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, CRM platforms, event registration systems, and online applications
- Basic website management experience and/or knowledge of CMS platforms, email marketing programs, and HTML preferred
- Experience developing and managing social media content preferred
- Exceptional client service skills and enjoys working with the public
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently; first-class organizational skills
- Strong eye for detail and graphic composition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. German and French knowledge a plus
- Excellent communicator and team player; proven ability to build partnerships across internal teams and with customers and vendors
What Can You Expect From Us?
Genedata’s success in delivering computational solutions for bio-pharmaceutical R&D makes us a leading software provider for life sciences. This success depends on its people from all over the world: innovative data scientists, talented soft-ware engineers, strategic marketing thinkers, communicative business developers plus any others with unique skills that make a difference in a highly innovative environment.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package that comprises a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
If you would like the next step in your career to be supporting the frontier of science and technology with cutting-edge software, Genedata has just the right opportunity for you!
What Is Next?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter. To help us understand who you are and what motivates you, please include a paragraph on what most attracted you to this position and why. Please submit writing samples with your application.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.