Scientific Software Sales Consultant, Genedata Expressionist, CH-Basel
We are looking to grow the sales and business development team to support the successful and expanding business during the next growth phase of Genedata Expressionist®, our leading enterprise software solution for the processing, analysis and management of mass spectrometry data in the biopharmaceutical industry. As part of a dynamic sales and business development team, you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, developing and closing new business, whilst growing and managing existing accounts. You will establish trusted client relationships through strong verbal and written communication skills to tackle complex enterprise sales scenarios that involves working with multiple IT, scientific and business influencers, stakeholders and decision makers across organizations. You will actively identify client needs and uncover critical business-relevant bottlenecks that you will together with your scientific and technical team address with value-adding Genedata Expressionist solutions.
This full-time position is based in our office in Basel, Switzerland, and will include responsibility for specific geographic areas and/or specific accounts in Europe. It requires travel within Europe on a regular basis (20%).
- Pro-actively drive business and manage the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closure
- Represent the company at conferences, trade shows, and networking events
- Identify new leads within target market, follow-up, and qualify to generate new opportunities
- Understand prospect situation and needs, authority, timing, and budget
- Develop and present software solutions that address prospect needs and demonstrate value
- Prepare and communicate proposals and value of solution
- Negotiate sales agreements and manage contracting process
- Proactively manage and grow accounts and relationships with existing clients (mostly top 50 biopharma)
- Passion for selling high-value software or enterprise IT solutions within the biopharmaceutical and life sciences industry, preferably into research and development organizations
- Demonstrated track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Excellent written and verbal English skills with clear, confident, and thoughtful communication in email, on the phone, and in face-to-face meetings
- High degree of initiative combined with great interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a cross-functional and international team
- Skilled time management with the ability to prioritize goals and successfully move deals through the sales cycle
- Proficient with MS-Office package and CRM tools
These additional skills and experience are a plus:
- Scientific or technical background (MSc or PhD)
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry technology and applications
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies
- First-hand knowledge of the bioinformatics software market
- Experience with high-value solution sales would be a benefit
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- Permanent full-time job with a sustainable long-term outlook
- Family-friendly and flexible work environment
- Modern working place with positive and friendly atmosphere
- Opportunity to leverage your individual talents and interests
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Expressionist
Genedata Expressionist® is a highly innovative, comprehensive, enterprise-level software solution for mass spectrometry data processing, analysis, and management. The software addresses critical needs of research and development organizations seeking scalability and flexibility for a variety of applications, in particular in the field of biotherapeutics characterization.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.