Scientific Account Manager, Biopharma Discovery, CH-Basel
We are looking for a Scientific Account Manager for our product Genedata Biologics, a first-in-class workflow system that has been designed to increase the efficiency and quality of the biopharmaceutical discovery process. As a member of our professional services team, you will be working closely with customers on a wide variety of projects and tasks with an emphasis on enterprise software deployment projects and scientific consulting projects. This is an interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position that offers an exciting opportunity to streamline biologics discovery research. The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a quickly growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
This full-time position is located at our headquarter office in Basel, Switzerland.
Work on scientific and technical customer projects, including process analysis projects, scientific and technical requirements projects, large enterprise system deployment projects, data migration projects, system integration projects and technology transfer projects, as well as user and technical training. Amongst other responsibilities, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Prepare and deliver scientific and technical presentations
- Conduct customer requirement analyses
- Functionally specify and document customer need
- Plan and deliver training at customer sites
- Provide expert support and troubleshooting
- Manage software installations and upgrades for customers
- Provide scientific and technical support for sales and business development
- Coordinate with product managers, professional services and product development teams
Essential Skills and Experience:
- MSc or PhD degree in biology, biotechnology, bioprocess or chemical engineering, quantitative biology, bioinformatics, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in either biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries or software industry
- Self-motivated and independent candidates that are curious, inquisitive, and able to present complex topics simply and rationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in English
- Experience and talent at giving presentations
- Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work as well as the ability to interact productively with scientists and IT experts
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in biopharma R&D, antibody discovery, protein engineering (incl. bispecific antibodies, antibody drug conjugates/ADCs), protein expression and purification, bioanalytics, or lab automation is a significant plus
- Practical experience software development, computer fluency, and familiarity with general IT concepts are advantageous
- Fluency in German is a plus
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Biologics
With award-winning platforms and deep domain expertise, Genedata solutions boost the efficiency, throughput, and quality of large-molecule R&D. Genedata platforms support the entire biologics workflow, from screening, protein engineering and optimization, expression, purification, MS characterization, analytics and QC, and developability assessment to upstream and downstream process development and drug formulation.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.