Project Manager Biopharma IT, Genedata Biologics, CH-Basel
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to plan, manage and coordinate enterprise software implementation and integration projects with our biopharma customers in our Biologics business unit.
In our project-driven organization, this position is at the interface between the internal development, professional services and consultancy teams and our customers. You will work with customers through all phases of the implementation cycle. You will act as the primary interface for our customer’s project managers and manage, from project inception to completion, the execution of all project activities together with our customer’s project team and stakeholders and Genedata’s delivery teams.
Typical projects include enterprise software implementations with several hundred users across multiple sites and departments and involve system setup and integration, software development, biopharma workflow and other business process analysis, requirements analysis and engineering, solution design and specification, technology transfer, user and admin training, and IT operational services.
Internally, the Project Manager will orchestrate the work of the professional service and business teams, ensure the quality of implementations, guarantee adherence to budget and timelines, create detailed project plans, provide customer feedback to the project delivery teams and product management, and support the sales process with expertise in customer presentations and demonstrations.
This position is based at our headquarters in Basel, Switzerland and requires about 10% travel within Europe and occasional travel to North America.
- Oversee and coordinate enterprise system implementation and deployment projects including system integration and configuration, data migration, and rollout support
- Advise on system implementation, architecture, and integration strategies
- Coordinate internally with Genedata’s scientific, technical, and business teams
- Work closely with a host of cross-functional partners and stakeholders, IT partners, and others, to evaluate new or changing business requirements
- Have responsibility for proactive project communication, documentation, and reporting with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Anticipate and actively manage project risk
- Organize end-user and admin training
- Conceptualize, develop, recommend, and implement service projects and support the negotiation of client business agreements; track project budgets & forecasts
- Create documents to support decision making on project funding/approval
- A successful track record of implementing and integrating enterprise software systems, preferably in the life science industry, where you have demonstrated competence for self-motivated and independent work as part of interdisciplinary teams and functions
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical research and development process and ideally familiarity with biopharma R&D, including antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, bioprocess development and CMC, biopharma production and analytics, and laboratory automation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills
- Ability to interact productively with scientists, managers, and IT experts both internally and externally.
- Fluency in English; business proficiency in German or French is a plus.
- An advanced degree in computer or life sciences or experience in either the software, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industries are definitive advantages
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Biologics
With award-winning platforms and deep domain expertise, Genedata solutions boost the efficiency, throughput, and quality of large-molecule R&D. Genedata platforms support the entire biologics workflow, from screening, protein engineering and optimization, expression, purification, MS characterization, analytics and QC, and developability assessment to upstream and downstream process development and drug formulation.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.