Java Full-Stack Software Developer, Genedata Biologics, CH-Basel
tl;dr: We are looking for a great developer who loves to write beautiful code. Your ideas and creativity matter.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to shape and promote our successful Genedata Biologics® and Genedata Bioprocess® products. You will work in a strong, agile, international team with the focus on delivering software that makes a difference.
The Genedata Biologics development team creates and maintains scientific software products. Continuous progress in science means that these products constantly evolve and many new features are added with every release. This requires solid software architecture and continuous evolution. Best software development practices such as test-driven development or clean code are therefore not only buzzwords for us but key factors for our long-term success.
As part of the core development team you will be wearing all the hats. You will be helping users by developing new features, removing complications by designing a meaningful user experience, saving someone's day by fixing bugs, changing someone's life by understanding their problem and creating a solution that works; saving people a lot of trouble by heavily testing our software, teaching new users by writing readable documentation, figuring out why remote streams stop working after 8MB of data, taking your fellow developers to the next level by creating development tools, rejoicing when you finally make complex code understandable, giving power to our customers by designing public APIs.
This full-time position is based at our head offices in Basel, Switzerland.
- Design, implement, test and maintain the software
- Play an active role in the Scrum process
- Document and communicate your work to your colleagues and other stakeholders
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in computer science, or related fields, or comparable on-the-job experience
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Java
- Experience with unit testing and Test Driven Development
- Experience with relevant JEE technologies: JAX-RS, JPA/Hibernate
- Experience with SQL and relational database systems, preferably Oracle
- Experience with single page applications
- Experience with frontend ecosystem: ES6, TypeScript, DOM, React, Redux, node.js, HTML5, CSS3
- Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Ability to write code following the DRY and S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- Motivation to learn continuously
- A background in biology, especially molecular biology or immunology, is a plus
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Biologics
With award-winning platforms and deep domain expertise, Genedata solutions boost the efficiency, throughput, and quality of large-molecule R&D. Genedata platforms support the entire biologics workflow, from screening, protein engineering and optimization, expression, purification, MS characterization, analytics and QC, and developability assessment to upstream and downstream process development and drug formulation.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.