Legal Counsel, Genedata, CH-Basel (80%-100%)
This position offers an exciting opportunity to support a successful, rapidly growing scientific software and consulting company. As Legal Counsel you will be a part of Genedata’s legal team and be responsible for drafting and negotiating contracts (license, consulting services, collaboration etc.) with clients and partners. You will also provide input on general legal matters, including legal aspects of business decisions, legal strategies, and representation for the senior management and business stakeholders.
This permanent position is based at our office in Basel, Switzerland.
- Drafting, revising, and reviewing license, service, and collaboration agreements together with internal business stakeholders.
- Participating in contract negotiations.
- Coordinating with and providing advice to business stakeholders on contracts, contract-related aspects and contract compliance.
- Continuous improvement of contract-related processes and policies as well as supporting business management in planning and implementing such improvements.
- Providing legal advisory services to and support departments and functions in all areas of the company.
- Legal research and analysis with respect to changes and regulatory updates.
- Providing internal training on contracts and compliance.
- Providing advice regarding compliance with policies and procedures, ethical practices, company values, and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Fully completed Swiss law degree or foreign equivalent, plus very good knowledge and understanding of Swiss law. Admission to the Swiss Bar preferred.
- 5+ years’ post-qualification experience as an attorney, in-house legal counsel or in a similar role, ideally in an IT/ Software/IP driven industry
- Proven track record in a consulting role (with management, clients and partners) as well as managing and solving a wide range of complex legal matters in a business context
- Extensive experience in reviewing and negotiating complex contracts; a keen interest in privacy law preferred
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English; knowledge of German language is a plus
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.