Field Application Scientist, Genedata Selector, USA-Boston
Are you a scientist or computational biologist with an interest in analyzing and interpreting ‘omics datasets and genome/proteome sequences? Does the idea of working in partnership with the world’s leading agribusiness, industrial biotechnology, and pharmaceutical companies to solve big data challenges sound exciting to you? If so, we would like to talk with you as we seek to grow our interdisciplinary scientific consulting and application support team in our East Coast Office.
As a Field Application Scientist for the Genedata Selector platform, you will work with our scientific team to support customer projects, answer technical questions, and find creative approaches to genomic-scale problems. You will work in a variety of diverse application areas including comparative genomics, metagenomics, biosafety, short read sequence, and statistical analysis of quantitative data. You will also act as an interface between science and sales, working closely with external customers and internal sales and software engineering teams.
- Scientific consulting and professional service activities for customer projects, working with customer’s cross functional partners including scientific and IT partners
- Identify customer needs, and map them to the capabilities of the software
- Troubleshoot scientific and technical support issues and capture user feedback
- Communicate customer needs and coordinate activities internally with the scientific consulting and professional services team, business account managers and product managers
- Support our sales team with product expertise, scientific presentations, and software demonstrations
- Present the product vision of Genedata Selector to prospects and customers
- Internet-based and on-site product training sessions with customers
- Identify new business opportunities with business account managers
- Define appropriate service projects with customers to fulfill unmet needs
The Successful Candidate Has:
- MS or PhD in biology, microbiology, bioinformatics, or similar discipline
- 3 years’ experience working in a biopharma, industrial biotech, agribusiness or related life sciences environment using standard bioinformatics tools and databases
- Experience in analyzing next generation sequencing data (RNA-seq, DNA-seq, metagenomics, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about applications and tools commonly used for next generation sequencing analysis
- Related statistical analysis experience
- Proficient working in a UNIX environment and with using a scripting or programming language (e.g. Perl, Python, Java)
- Familiar with SQL and relational databases (e.g. Oracle) is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Must be currently located in the United States
- Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required
What Can You Expect From Us:
Genedata’s success in providing computational solutions for bio-pharmaceutical R&D depends on its people from all over the world: innovative data scientists, talented soft-ware engineers, strategic marketing thinkers, communicative business developers plus any others with unique skills that make a difference in a highly innovative environment.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package that comprises a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
If you would like the next step in your career to be supporting the frontier of science and technology with cutting-edge software, Genedata has just the right opportunity for you!
Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in discovery informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences.
What Is Next:
If you are interested in this position, please submit us your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.