Scientific Software Sales Professional, Genedata Selector, USA-Boston
This position offers an exciting opportunity to support, shape, and grow a successful software, scientific consulting and professional services business. The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
As a Scientific Software Sales Professional for Genedata Selector®, you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, developing, closing and maintaining new business relationships for the best-in-class solution for genomic data management. You will actively develop, recommend and implement strategic and tactical client sales plans and negotiate sales agreements to maximize future growth within the agricultural, biopharma, industrial biotechnology and food & beverage research industries. In addition to the requirements outlined below, you will also provide exceptional customer service with strong verbal and written communication skills, and you will become an intricate component of our progressive team environment.
This full-time position is located in our Lexington, MA office. Occasional regional travel may be required, less than 10% on an annual basis
- Unitize in-depth biological and technology knowledge to drive business by prospecting, negotiating, and closing deals from initial contact through contract signed;
- Collaborate with sales team to develop, recommend, and implement strategic and tactical client sales plans within biopharmaceuticals, industrial biotech and agriscience industries, proactively driving lead generation using partnering IT platforms;
- Coordinate with customers and engineers to develop and communicate project proposals and presentations to support the growth of Genedata as a successful software, scientific consulting and professional services business;
- Work closely with the professional services team and apply biological scientific expertise to sell enterprise software systems and consulting services including modification of software to meet customer needs;
- Provide scientific expertise to the legal team to ensure that technology-related legal agreements meet Genedata expectations;
- Negotiate client sales agreements to maximize potential in agricultural, biopharma, industrial biotechnology and food & beverage research;
- Maintain Genedata technology post-sales accounts utilizing knowledge of the biotechnology and informatics fields and market landscape; and
- Perform daily duties utilizing Customer Relationship Management tools, such as Salesforce, including reporting, tracking and forecasting, account management tools, and modern knowledge sharing network tools, including Confluence and Jira.
- Master’s degree (foreign equivalent degree accepted) in biology, biotechnology management, bioinformatics, or a closely related scientific field of study
- 3 years of technology sales experience in the business of biopharma manufacturing, industrial biotechnology, or a related life sciences field
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Selector
Genedata Selector® is an enterprise software platform that transforms raw sequencing data into solutions to optimize R&D and production processes for life science industries. Automated and intuitive software combined with scientific consulting and professional services provides a full solution for increasing efficiency and reducing costs in cell line design and selection, microbial contamination detection, and strain, germplasm, and breeding optimization.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.