Scientific Sales Associate, Genedata Screener, USA-Boston
This position will be dedicated to expanding the customer base of our enterprise screening software, Genedata Screener®. The software is used to analyze results from drug discovery campaigns by organizations ranging from academic institutions and CROs to global biopharma corporations. The job will be to understand the data analysis needs of biopharmaceutical scientists, investigate the latest trends in the drug discovery process, identify new business opportunities, and support winning them.
You will work with sales staff and management to ensure the follow-up of qualified leads and prepare attractive and appropriate offers, with marketing to keep our messaging scientifically relevant and consistent and to plan conference and event participation, and with product management to keep up to date on upcoming software functionality.
We are looking for a business mindset enhanced by a solid scientific background, a special interest in scientific software, a communicative and open approach to teamwork, curiosity, and a willingness to take initiative. We offer a stimulating work environment where high-quality scientific software is produced and sold by a group of people who will greatly appreciate your input, experience, and enthusiasm.
This full-time position is located at our US East Coast office, in Lexington, MA, and requires about 20% travel within North America and occasional travel to Europe.
- Support the sales team in winning new customers
- Assist with lead generation and qualification
- Facilitate prospect calls and meetings as required
- Coordinate follow up and responses during pre-sales
- Collect information on research data analysis practices at selected biopharmaceutical companies and identify situations where improved data analysis leads to innovation and increased productivity
- Talk to biopharmaceutical research scientists to understand their data analysis needs and raise awareness of Genedata Screener
- Interact with the consultancy team, product management, marketing and other functions to identify and build opportunities and sell software and services
- MSc or PhD Degree in Life Sciences
- Experience with scientific data analysis software
- Commercial mindset
- Willingness to take initiative, excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Willingness to travel
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Screener
Genedata Screener® analyzes, visualizes, and manages screening data from in-vitro screening assay technologies across the enterprise, including very complex as well as ultra-high throughput experiments. Its screening-oriented business logic enables rapid processing and comprehensive analysis of complete campaigns.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.