Scientific Sales Associate, Genedata Screener, USA-Boston
You possess a business mindset, solid scientific background, and a special interest in scientific software, and you enjoy both working in a team and with customers, are curious, look for opportunity, and want to take initiative.
If in addition you want to understand the data analysis needs of biopharmaceutical scientists, investigate the latest trends in drug discovery, identify new business opportunities, and support winning them, then please consider joining us.
We are looking to grow our team in Genedata’s East Coast Office where high-quality scientific software is produced, sold and supported by a group of specialists who will greatly appreciate your input, experience, and enthusiasm.
As a Scientific Sales Associate, you will be responsible for expanding the customer base of our enterprise screening software which is used to analyze results from drug discovery campaigns by organizations ranging from academic institutions and CROs to global biopharma corporations.
You will be instrumental in ensuring the follow-up of qualified leads and in preparing attractive and appropriate offers together with the sales and marketing teams so as to keep our messaging scientifically relevant and consistent. You will also assist in conference and event planning and participating, and align with product management in order to keep up to date on upcoming software functionality.
- Interact with the consultancy team, product management, marketing and other functions to identify and build opportunities and sell software and services;
- Facilitate prospect calls and meetings as well as coordinating follow-up and responses during pre-sales;
- Support the sales team in winning new customers by assisting with lead generation and qualification;
- Collect information on research data analysis practices at selected biopharmaceutical companies and identify situations where improved data analysis leads to innovation and increased productivity;
- Talk to biopharmaceutical research scientists to understand their data analysis needs and raise awareness of Genedata Screener.
- MSc or PhD Degree in Life Sciences
- Experience with scientific data analysis software
- Commercial mindset
- Willingness to take initiative, excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Willingness to travel
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Screener
Genedata Screener® analyzes, visualizes, and manages screening data from in-vitro screening assay technologies across the enterprise, including very complex as well as ultra-high throughput experiments. Its screening-oriented business logic enables rapid processing and comprehensive analysis of complete campaigns.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.