Scientific Consultant/Field Application Scientist, Genedata Profiler, USA-Boston
Genedata is seeking a Scientific Consultant / Field Application Scientist to fill an opening in our growing Genedata Profiler® (Precision Medicine) team.
You will be a scientific and technical consultant for our customers and use your scientific and technical knowledge to solve real-world scientific problems in precision medicine. This position is especially well-suited for you if you have a scientific/technical background, enjoy variety in your daily work, and want to expand your skill set (scientific, technical, and soft skills).
This full-time position is based in Lexington, MA and requires regular travel within US (about twice per month), and occasional travel to Europe.
- Act as an expert in scientific and IT matters related to translational and clinical data analysis in general and the use of our Genedata Profiler software in particular;
- Collaborate with our Business Account Managers in establishing and communicating the value of Genedata Profiler to prospects and customers;
- Act as scientific consultant for data science projects;
- Ensure results delivery at the level of excellence that our customers know us for, including project set up and planning to achieve the customer’s goals, specifying, coordinating and executing the implementation work; and guaranteeing adherence to scope, budget and timelines;
- Establish relationships based on trust with our customers by being their first point of contact and a partner on scientific and technical matters, including user trainings and product support;
- Channel the insights gathered through your customer interactions back to our Development and Product Management team.
The Successful Candidate Has:
- Scientific background (Ph.D. level preferred) in statistical genetics, bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, machine learning, data science or related field;
- 3+ years’ experience in translational / clinical research with exploratory clinical trial data, biomarker research, patient stratification & companion diagnostics approaches within a contract research organization, clinic or pharmaceutical company;
- Expertise in human genetics or molecular epidemiology, with a strong grasp of genomic approaches, technologies, and analytics;
- Profound understanding of biostatistics is essential; experience with methods of causal interference is desirable;
- Expert knowledge of statistical programming in R is required, as well as working experience with SAS and scripting languages (Python or similar);
- Project management experience, demonstrated ability to interact with customers at all levels within an organization and excellent communication skills;
- Experience with pharmaceutical research and the drug discovery process.
What Can You Expect From Us:
Genedata’s success in providing computational solutions for bio-pharmaceutical R&D depends on its people from all over the world: innovative data scientists, talented soft-ware engineers, strategic marketing thinkers, communicative business developers plus any others with unique skills that make a difference in a highly innovative environment.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package that comprises a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
If you would like the next step in your career to be supporting the frontier of science and technology with cutting-edge software, Genedata has just the right opportunity for you!
Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in discovery informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences.
What Is Next:
If you are interested in this position, please submit us your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.