Associate Technical Account Manager, Genedata Expressionist®, USA - Boston
We are looking for a self-motivated candidate with a passion for IT and a desire to learn, to join our growing Expressionist team. The Associate Technical Account Manager is the primary technical contact in the US for the Expressionist enterprise software solution. This varied and exciting technical role contributes from early stage testing through to ongoing support and maintenance in a strong team-based environment for learning and growth. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with an outgoing, friendly personality with a strong foundation of basic IT knowledge. This individual should be comfortable communicating directly with clients, especially by phone.
This full-time position is based in our office in Lexington (Boston Area), MA and requires minimal travel (10%).
- Conduct and support customers with software installations, upgrades, and patches;
- Triage and resolve technical helpdesk requests from customers;
- Provide contractually agreed IT consulting to customers;
- Design, develop, test, and implement integration solutions linking enterprise software with corporate customer systems;
- Actively maintain support quality by following and contributing to procedures in classifying, maintaining, and resolving helpdesk requests.
- Be the primary contact for technical queries arising from sales and marketing initiatives;
- Assist the pre-sales and sales processes by providing system and infrastructure recommendations;
- Provide input and review proposals for service agreements to customers;
- Maintain and update installation, operation, maintenance, monitoring and best practice procedures used internally and provided to prospective and existing customers.
In-house Support, Maintenance, and Project Work:
- Update and maintain the information management systems of the service engineering function;
- Manage and maintain internal test and production environments as well as those used for prototyping, UAT, and demonstration;
- Provide technical support and advice to the scientific consulting team;
- Participate and contribute in discussions with development as well as business and scientific teams on technical implementation planning and risk mitigation exercises;
- Develop a deep level of understanding of the software and its architecture to effectively monitor, analyze, and tune for performance.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Willingness to continuously learn and improve new technologies, systems, and procedures;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to support customers with quick turnarounds;
- Knowledge and experience with Linux and Windows operating systems;
- Some experience with Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure;
- Experience with SSH and remote working;
- Ability to quickly analyze complex technical environments;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Well organized with an ability to multitask;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid understanding of MS-Office;
- Must be currently located in the United States;
- Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Expressionist
Genedata Expressionist® is a highly innovative, comprehensive, enterprise-level software solution for mass spectrometry data processing, analysis, and management. The software addresses critical needs of research and development organizations seeking scalability and flexibility for a variety of applications, in particular in the field of biotherapeutics characterization.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.