Scientific Consultant, Biopharma R&D, Genedata Biologics, USA-Boston
We are looking for a Scientific Account Manager for our Biopharma group to support our products Genedata Biologics® and Genedata Bioprocess®, first-in-class workflow systems that have been designed to increase the efficiency and quality of the biopharmaceutical discovery and development processes. As a member of our professional services team, you will be working closely with customers on a wide variety of projects and tasks with an emphasis on enterprise software deployment and scientific consulting projects. This is an interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position that offers an exciting opportunity to consult in the biopharma industry. The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a quickly growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
This full-time position is located at our US East Coast office, outside of Boston in Lexington, MA and requires about 20% travel within North America and occasional travel to Europe.
Key activities include work on scientific and technical customer projects, including process analysis projects, scientific and technical requirements analysis projects, large enterprise system deployment projects, data migration projects, system integration projects and technology transfer projects, as well as user and technical training. Amongst other responsibilities, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide scientific and technical support for sales and business development
- Provide expert support and troubleshooting for customer workflow processes and how to optimally use Genedata software
- Conduct customer requirements and gap analyses
- Plan and deliver training at customer sites
- Coordinate with internal product & project managers, professional services, and product development teams
- Prepare and deliver scientific and technical presentations to customers and at conferences
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Self-motivated, independent, curious, inquisitive, and able to present complex topics simply and rationally
- Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work
- Able to interact productively with scientists and IT experts, both with internal teams and customer-facing counterparts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and a talent at giving presentations
- Willingness to continuously learn and contribute towards improving our software, adapting to new technologies, systems, and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to master new technical skills and information quickly
- MSc or PhD degree in biology, biotechnology, bioprocess or chemical engineering, quantitative biology, bioinformatics, or a related field is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in either the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or software industry. Experience in biopharma R&D, antibody discovery, protein engineering, protein expression and purification, cell line development, bioprocess development and CMC, biopharma production and bioanalytics, or lab automation is a significant plus
- Practical experience with scientific software, computer fluency, and familiarity with general IT concepts are advantageous
- Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an exceptional company. With over two decades of success in research informatics due to closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, Genedata has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception. As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in R&D informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences. We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in Germany, US, UK, Japan and Singapore.
About Genedata Biologics
With award-winning platforms and deep domain expertise, Genedata solutions boost the efficiency, throughput, and quality of large-molecule R&D. Genedata platforms support the entire biologics workflow, from screening, protein engineering and optimization, expression, purification, MS characterization, analytics and QC, and developability assessment to upstream and downstream process development and drug formulation.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and motivation letter.
Genedata only accepts CVs and resumes directly from candidates. Personnel recruitment agencies need not respond.
Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
Genedata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.